Ancient Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Huntress Rose
Lesson 2: Spell Speed I_vote_lcapLesson 2: Spell Speed I_voting_barLesson 2: Spell Speed I_vote_rcap 
Drewzer44
Lesson 2: Spell Speed I_vote_lcapLesson 2: Spell Speed I_voting_barLesson 2: Spell Speed I_vote_rcap 
! Chandelier
Cory
Grandkitty Caesar
cyber girâ„¢
Hunter Black
ToFeelTheLifeOfOthers
ZuluCrocodile
BlueWheel
Latest topics
» A Slightly Long Introduction Of Myself
Lesson 2: Spell Speed Emptyby Smartdude3000 Wed May 27, 2015 2:46 pm

» Admin/mod Recruiting Schedule
Lesson 2: Spell Speed Emptyby ! Chandelier Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:36 am

» Open Arena Challenges
Lesson 2: Spell Speed Emptyby EmissaryOfNightmares Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:58 am

» The Arrival
Lesson 2: Spell Speed Emptyby EmissaryOfNightmares Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 am

» Senji's Test Results
Lesson 2: Spell Speed Emptyby ! Chandelier Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:59 pm

» Questions for the academy
Lesson 2: Spell Speed Emptyby ! Chandelier Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 219 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:10 am

Lesson 2: Spell Speed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drewzer44

Drewzer44

Lesson 2: Spell Speed Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 2: Spell Speed   Lesson 2: Spell Speed EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:57 pm

All cards with effects have spell speeds. Spell speed is a fancy term that we use in yugioh to describe how fast a card is. Spell speeds are Organized into the following categories:

Spell speed 1: Spells:Normal, Equip, Continuous, Field, Ritual

Monster effects:Ignition, Trigger, and Flip ( we will cover these later just be familiar with their association)

Spell speed 2: Traps: Normal, Continuous

Monster effects: quick

Spell speed 3: Traps: Counter

The 101 on spell speeds:
-Spell speed 1 is the slowest of all spell speeds, these cannot be activated in response to any other effects and cannot be chain link 2 or higher unless multiple are used simultaneously (example: Flip man eater bug, destroy sangan and add exodia piece, this is example where spell speed 1 effect can be activated as chain link 2)
-Spell speed 2 can respond to any spell speed 1 or spell speed 2 effect and can be activated on any phase for the most part (quickplay has to be set first though) Example: you can use the continuous effect of infestation infection in your opponent's main phase.
-Spell speed 3 is the fastest of all of the spell speeds and you CANNOT chain spell speed 1 and spell speed 2 to this (example: you cannot chain forbidden lance to solemn warning) you can only chain spell speed 3 to spell speed 3.

That's about it, here are some review questions to test your knowledge on spell speeds: https://testmoz.com/303531

P.S: There is more to spell speeds than this, this is just basic knowledge i will go over more complex situations in future situations. Also feedback is appreciated Razz
Back to top Go down

Lesson 2: Spell Speed
Page 1 of 1